For Those Newly Diagnosed with Breast Cancer:
- Explain what your breast imaging and breast biopsy showed and help you to understand the important details of your pathology report.
- Address your concerns regarding your diagnosis in the context of your personal values and goals.
- Provide suggestions for informing family, life partners, friends and co-workers of your diagnosis.
- Discuss additional testing that often accompanies a new breast cancer diagnosis.
Treatment Education, Support and Advocacy
- Provide you with an overview of the treatment that will likely be recommended for your diagnosis.
- Help you to choose a treatment team from the many good choices available in our region.
- Guide you in developing questions for your treatment team, based on your personal values and goals.
- Accompany you to consults as an advocate and to help you understand the treatment recommendations.
- Assist you in choosing additional healthcare providers such as naturopathic providers, nutritionists, and other health practitioners.
- Provide you with reputable web-based and written breast cancer resources.
For Those Seeking Help Following Breast Cancer Treatment:
- Guide you in learning ways to regain strength and restore your sense of wellness.
- Provide evidence-based recommendations for managing side effects such as fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and sleep difficulties.
- Address appropriate recommendations for follow up appointments with your oncology team and primary care provider.
- Outline testing for cancer surveillance based on scientific evidence.
- Support and advise regarding common survivorship issues such as returning to work, fear of cancer recurrence, and finding support for psychosocial concerns following treatment.
Following Each Appointment at By Your Side
- Within 24 hours of your appointment, I will send you a detailed written summary of the topics discussed during our visit, and provide a copy to members of your treatment team who you designate.
Virtual Telehealth Visits
Secure, HIPAA-compliant Telehealth visits available utilizing Doximity Dialer. No App’s to download or software to install. Compatible with iPhone or Android smartphones.
Simply indicate your preference for a video call on the Contact Page, include your phone number and the best time to reach you. When it’s time for our visit, you will receive a text message with a link to the video call. Click on the link and we are connected. Simple as that!